LPA publishes media releases on key industry topics and issues that affect our industry.
Scroll through the list, which is grouped by date of release or search using keywords.
Ticket Attendance and Revenue Report
Our annual Ticket Attendance and Revenue Report is the most comprehensive report of ticket sales for Australian live performance events and is drawn upon extensively by the industry, government, media and business.
Work Health & Safety
Under work health and safety legislation, your responsibility as an employer is to:
- maintain a safe workplace
- maintain current workers’ compensation insurance
- protect yourself and your workers from financial hardship in the event of a workplace injury
To assist you with this, our comprehensive suite of work health and safety guides for the entertainment and event industries, give you an overview of best practice and regulatory requirements.
We encourage all Members and non-members to use these guidelines to ensure a consistent approach to work health and safety in the industry.
Safe and Respectful Workplaces
All employees have the right not to be bullied, harassed, sexually harassed or discriminated against in the workplace. Workplaces should be non-threatening, respectful, safe and free from all forms of harassment.
Our Prevention of Workplace Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Harassment and Bullying Code of Practice is mandatory for all Members.
The code is organised in two parts:
- PART A – A guide for employers including an overview of the relevant legislative framework and obligations, as well as best practice guidance on steps you can take to effectively prevent and respond to discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment and bullying in the workplace.
- PART B – Templates and resources to assist you to develop new policies and procedures.
We provide information and advice on ticketing and consumer-related matters, promote consumer awareness of safe and fair ticketing practice, and work with federal and state governments to improve regulations to protect consumers.
Our Ticketing Code of Practice is mandatory for all Members. It has two parts:
- the industry code, which provides guidelines on complaint handling procedures, ticket proceeds handling protocols, advertising, ticket pricing and other industry practices
- the consumer code, which covers consumer rights
The Ticketing Code is independently reviewed and re-issued every three years. The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission provide feedback as part of the review process.
Our information for consumers includes the Safe Tix video, which is a companion to the Safe Tix Guide, and the Consumer Guide: Buying and Selling Tickets in the Ticket Resale Market.
Brisbane Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Brisbane for the annual Member roadshow.
Perth Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Perth for the annual Member roadshow.
Canberra Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Canberra for the annual Member roadshow.
Adelaide Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Adelaide for the annual Member roadshow.
Hobart Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Hobart for the annual Member roadshow.
Melbourne Member Roadshow
LPA travel to Melbourne for the annual Member roadshow.